Indian Rummy Rules is a simple and straightforward game to learn. Rummy is hugely popular among Indians and is played among people of the age group. In case you are unaware of the rummy rules or brush it up here are some important rules about Indian online rummy game. Play
Rummy is one of the real money earning games in India and can be played involving two or more players. The first player to arrange the cards in a sequence winds the game.
Rules of Rummy
- The Number of Packs – Depending on the number of players the pack of cards used in a game may vary from 1 pack to 3 packs. Each pack will have 52 cards plus a joker card
- The Rank of Cards – There is a total of 52 value cards plus joker cards in a single pack. There are 4 symbols of hearts, diamonds, clubs, and spades and each symbol has 13 cards sequenced from Ace,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10, Jack, Queen and King. The number cards carry the points of their numbers while the royal family cards JQKA having 10 points each.
- Start of Game – To see who starts the game each player is distributed with one card and the player who has the highest card value holds the start position and action begins with this player.
- Cards Distribution – The player to the right of the highest card acts as a dealer and distributes cards to players. Each player is distributed with 13 cards and the undealt cards are kept face-down in the center of the table as the stock. The top card is turned upward, beside the stock as the first card of the discard pile.
- Wild Joker Selection – At the beginning of each game a random card is selected from the deck of cards as a wild joker card. Players can use the wild joker card as a replacement for a missing card to form a sequence of the set. They play the same role as printed joker in Rummy.
- Gameplay –The player to the left of the dealer starts the game and can either pick up the card on the discard pile or the top card from the stock. The player will try to form a winning sequence using the card and discards a card face up if all sequences required to complete the game are not obtained. Now the action is passed to the next player who can pick discarded by the player or from the pile of cards. The game continues till the winning sequence is arrived by a player.
- Winning Sequence – The winning sequence is the arrangement of all the 13 cards in a sequence with at least 2 sets with a minimum of 3 cards in a set. One of the sets has to be a pure sequence. The remaining cards should be arranged in valid sequences and/or sets.
1.Pure sequence– A pure sequence consists of 3 or more cards of the same suit in consecutive order. The valid order being A-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-J-Q-K-A. These are also known as pure or straight or natural runs
- Impure sequence – If a player uses a joker card not for its original value to form a sequence it is called a impute sequence. EX: if A is joker, it should be added in between the 2&4 which result as 2, A,4. Here acts a 3.
- Sets – A set is a group of three or four cards of the same value but with different suits/symbols. Ex: if you had A in hearts, diamonds, and clubs; it’s considered as a set. They also called a dummy sequence or set. Joker also can also be used as a substitute for one of the cards. EX: if 2 is joker, you can use 2 in between A heart and A club.
Winner: Players who first meld the cards to form a winning sequence should declare their cards to become winners of the game. The cards of opponents which have not formed a sequence or set are summed up to calculate points. If the opponents do not have a pure sequence than the value of all cards held by the opponent is counted towards points.
- Highest Points – The maximum point value of cards in the hand of the player is 80. Even though they had an excessive value of points.
- First Drop – A player gets 20 points if they drop out of the game on the very first turn without picking a card from the Open Deck.
- Middle drop – A player gets 40 points if they drop out of the game after the first turn.
- Consecutive Misses: If a player misses three consecutive turns than they are dropped out of the game and 40 points is allotted.
- Wrong Declaration: If a player makes a wrong declaration without forming correct sequences and/or sets required to win than the player is penalized with 80 points.
- Discard action – If you discard one card out your hand, that card can’t be added again in the table. So be careful before discarding any cards from your hand as well as a pile of deck cards.
- Points – All the cards whose value is equal to the same points of their respective value.For Ex: 2=2,3=3. But the value of each royal family card had 10 points each. Ex:A=10,J=10,Q=10,K=10.
For more details visit here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indian_Rummy
Click here to check GamingStar rummy tournament updates.